International news and analysis with George Georgios
Today's show covers a variety of both local and international news with our in-studio guest Georgios.
Some of the topics covered include developments in the Assange stand-off in London, and a final ruling in the protracted civil lawsuit over the death in Gaza of activist Rachel Corrie.
Our scheduled interview with Syrian Girl was unfortunately cancelled, however we hope to have her on the line during the next show.
Public grief over deaths of 5 Australian soldiers is an occasion for propaganda
5 Australian soldiers killed and the media/government oligarchy are engaging in a paroxysm of fake grief - really just a form of propaganda.
Obama kills dozens of innocents in drone attacks every week and the media doesn't give a rat's backside.
They talk about "rogue attacks" as if this is some aberration which has no rational explanation, when in fact this is only to be expected since we invaded and occupied a sovereign nation. The current Afhhanistan government is a puppet regime, propped up by a combination of military force and copious amounts of money. It will fall in the end, like all imperial puppet governments have in the past.
A time may come when we are invaded and occupied - if the US empire retreats from our shores and we are left all alone as a western nation at the bottom end of Asia.
I wonder how much mercy we will get from our conquerors then?
Group discussion on free speech, Wikileaks and Julian Assange
Today's show is cram packed with discussion, analysis and interviews.
In the first hour we have a four way discussion between the host, Hereward Fenton, Leon Pittard of Fair Dinkum radio and regulars John Bursill and Josh Jackson.
The topic of our discussion is the current stand-off between Julian Assange and the British government, and what this says about free speech in the modern age.
In the second hour John Bursill returns to give us an in depth briefing on the Julia GIllard AWU scandal.
In the second half of the second hour, my guest is Matt Turner from Skinwalkers Band. Matt is passionate and articulate about things that matter - a great interview, not to be missed!
I hope you enjoy the show.
- The written proof that Assange faces arrest outside embassy
- Gillard responds to 'false, defamatory accusations'
- Fairfax accuses Julian Assange of hypocrisy
- Law firm Slater & Gordon's axe over PM Julia Gillard
- Wikileaks founder Julian Assange speaks from Ecuadoran embassy in London
- Skinwalkers Band on Youtube
Julian Assange in the crosshairs
Today's show focuses on the stand-off between Julian Assange and the British government. The news about his acceptance by Ecuador had not yet broken as we went to air.
We also take a look at the science-fiction level totalitarian surveillance system known as "TrapWire", amid speculation that this invasive technique of "crime prevention" may be already in use in Australia. We note that all copies of an article on the topic (originally published in the Fairfax press) have now abeen deleted. The original article can still be found here, courtesy of Fair Dinkum Radio.
Other themes addressed in the show include the escalating rhetoric of war against Iran, the Australian nanny state, and a look at the a testimonial regarding the alternative cancer cure known as "black salve".
- Australia 'preparing' for Assange extradition to US
- Julian Assange 'can stay in embassy indefinitely' Rafael Correa says
- Senate votes no on TrapWire motion
- Surveillance system linked to transport, defence contractor
- Trapwire surveillance system exposed in document leak
- Senate votes no on TrapWire motion
- Trapwire: It's Not the Surveillance, It's the Sleaze
- Kings Cross drinks ban to curb violence
- Bill O'Leary's Black Salve Skin Cancer Story
- Israeli 'document' on Iran attack leaked
- Israeli speculation over Iran strike reaches fever pitch
Interview with Dr. Tim Ball
In the second hour of today's show we bring you a unique interview with one of Canada's most articulate and distinguished climate sceptics, Dr. Tim Ball.
Dr. Ball, former Professor at the University of Winnipeg, has an extensive science background in climatology, especially the reconstruction of past climates and the impact of climate change on human history and the human condition with additional experience in water resources and areas of sustainable development, pollution prevention, environmental regulations and the impact of government policy on business and economics.
Dr. Ball is the author of Slaying the Sky Dragon - Death of the Greenhouse Gas Theory.
Our discussion ranges from the core questions about CO2 and anthropopegic climate change, into diverse areas, such as population growth, peak oil and sustainability.
Dr. Ball also provides insights into some of the key figures behind the IPCC such as Maurice Strong, who convened the first international expert group meeting on climate change.
Also in the show today we bring you news and commentary on a variety of hot topics from around the world.
- The BEST is the Worst: Global Temperature Measures Redux; Not!
- The official website of Dr. Tim Ball
- Slaying the Sky Dragon - Death of the Greenhouse Gas Theory
- Dr. Tim Ball: The Lie that Just Won't Die
- Mankind at the Turning Point: Interdependence is Totalitarian
- Fracking Causes Ice Cream Headaches
- Schapelle Corby could be released on parole in just two weeks
All that is Necessary for Evil to Triumph
This clip is from the film "Hitler: The Rise of Evil".
It is often said, "all that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing".
As a follow up, we might add: "History seldom repeats, but it often rhymes".
Once again, freedom is under threat. Evil is rising.
What are YOU doing about it?
Australians For Syria Protest in Sydney
On 5 August 2012 a rally was held in Sydney in support of the Syrian government by members of the Syrian community and Australians.
Some four thousand people gathered peacefully at The Sydney Town Hall to express solidarity about the tragedy in Syria.
A number of speakers, from various sections of the community, addressed the audience concerning the external forces that have invaded Syria and are fighting the elected democratic government.
The people then marched peacefully to The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs in the Sydney city area, where more speakers addressed the people.
Appreciation for Russia and China voting against the US proposed UN-NATO involvement were expressed. The meeting then peacefully dispersed.
MullerGate: a muddled professor who meddled with the media
In today's show we bring you our exclusive exposé of the latest climate science scandal.
Richard A. Muller is a professor in physics at UC Berkeley and a faculty senior scientist at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. He is the founder of the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project, and co-author of a paper which, he asserts, demonstrates that global warming is real and "humans are almost entirely the cause".
The claims made by Muller have already been challenged from many different sources, including Anthony Watts and Muller's co-author Judith Curry, but the real bombshell was the revelation that Muller et al's paper which purportedly "proves global warming" had been rejected twice by the Journal of Geophysical Research.
Despite this, Muller has engaged, as reviewer Ross McKitrick puts it, in a "media blitz", promoting the conclusions contained in the (rejected) scientific paper. Muller's weighty conclusions were dutifully regurgitated by the New York Times, The Guardian, and our own Sydney Morning Herald.
Since McKitrick's revelations surfaced however, something funny has happened to the SMH article. The article published (and printed) under the title "How I saw past the hot air on climate" has apparently been pulled, although it is still indexed in Google.
Could this be because Muller's credibilty went down the gurgler?
Get the full analysis of this breaking story in our podcast, which features an interview with Malcolm Roberts of the Galileo Movement.
Would you like to help TNRA reach out to a wider audience?
Do you like TNRA? Would like to help us make TNRA better, stronger and more effective? If the answer is yes, read on!
There are some areas we need help with, which I have listed below. These may require some basic technical skills and knowldge of online editing environments.
- Youtube Uploads - it would be great if every show could be posted on our Youtube account. The account is currently not length-restricted, so there is no need to cut the files into chunks. Instead you would create Youtube time markers, which allow users to quckly get to the section they are looking for.
- Documentation - as an enhancement to the Youtube posts, it would be great if each section of the show could be briefly documented. Ideally these notes would be associated with Youtube time markers and placed in the Youtube description field.
- Original Content - Would you like to write a regular article for TNRA? If you would like to write for us we can set you up with a blog which will have a dedicated URL (as well as appearing on the main page of the site). All original content would be correctly attributed to you and you would retain all rights to that material.
- Social Networking - we currently have Twitter and Facebook accounts. It would be great to have more admins posting quality links on these channels. It would also be great to have someone create and maintain TNRA accounts on other social networks like Google + or anywhere else you think is worthwhile.
- Producer - would you like to help arrange interviews and provide suggestions about potential interview subjects? The process of arranging interviews includes, 1) contacting a subject, 2) negotiating a suitable time, 3) locking in the exact time, making sure to include correct time zone calculations, 4) emailing all recipients, and sending reminders.
If any of these jobs look interesting to you please let me know via the contact page of this website or by email.
I would of course love to be able to pay for these services, but for now that is not possible. Your help will be greatly appreciated and in the event that we do move to a profitable commercial basis you will be at the front of the queue for some financial remuneration!