LISTEN LIVE OR CALL IN » CLICK HERE!
Public grief over deaths of 5 Australian soldiers is an occasion for propaganda
5 Australian soldiers killed and the media/government oligarchy are engaging in a paroxysm of fake grief - really just a form of propaganda.
Obama kills dozens of innocents in drone attacks every week and the media doesn't give a rat's backside.
They talk about "rogue attacks" as if this is some aberration which has no rational explanation, when in fact this is only to be expected since we invaded and occupied a sovereign nation. The current Afhhanistan government is a puppet regime, propped up by a combination of military force and copious amounts of money. It will fall in the end, like all imperial puppet governments have in the past.
A time may come when we are invaded and occupied - if the US empire retreats from our shores and we are left all alone as a western nation at the bottom end of Asia.
I wonder how much mercy we will get from our conquerors then?
Invasion of the body scanners
In today's show we look at a variety of news and issues of the day, with a special focus on a new safety report on airport body scanners which was released by the EU last week. This development now opens the door to the roll out of these carcinogenic machines across Europe and potentially into Australia, which has already authorised the use of the less toxic (and less effective) millimeter wave scanners in our international airports.
We present some of the key health concerns over x-ray scanners raised by experts in the past few years and then take a look at the EU report to see if it addresses any of these concerns. Perhaps unsurprisingly for those who have followed this topic for a while, the major concerns highlighted in the past have been largely ignored.
In the second hour I am joined by aircraft engineer John Bursill to reflect on the latest developments in Australian politics, the body scanner question, the Aghanistan war and more.
I hope you enjoy the show, and please get back to us if you have any thoughts or questions!
- STAY-at-home parents will be forced to look for work soon after their youngest child goes to school
- Build the North West Rail Link yourself, says Treasurer Wayne Swan
- Airport scanners 'here to stay'
- Vaccine bombshell: Baby monkeys given standard doses of popular vaccines develop autism symptoms
- Scientists Cast Doubt on TSA Tests of Full-Body Scanners
- Radiation scientists agree TSA naked body scanners could cause breast cancer and sperm mutations
- U.S. Government Glossed Over Cancer Concerns As It Rolled Out Airport X-Ray Scanners
- The New Zealand government is planning to offer free long-term contraception to women on welfare payments
- Fair Work Australia finds Craig Thomson spent almost $6000 on escorts on an HSU credit card
- EC Report: Health effects of security scanners for passenger screening
- Malalai Joya - Wikipedia article
A tale of Wikileaks and war propaganda
Breaking with usual practice, the Wikileaks organisation have released their latest leaks directly through the mainstream press with simultaneous publications in The Guardian, Der Spiegel and the New York Times.
A disturbing outcome is that information in the leaked documents is being used by the media to incriminate Pakistan in the Afghan war.
The Pakistan connection was the top story on the BBC World News on the day the documents were released. The Pakistan Government is vehemently rejecting these accusations and a Pakistani government spokesperson said that the whole affair was an attempt to sabotage the US/Pakistan relationship. This comes at a time when the US is stepping up predator drone attacks against targets in Pakistan.
Clearly, there are multiple agendas at work here.
In the second half of the show I am joined by Josh Jackson to review the new blockbuster film Inception.
As usual, we cover all the major breaking stories on our twitter stream. Happy listening!
- Anti-vaccine group a threat
- No Minister: 90% of web snoop document censored to stop 'premature unnecessary debate'
- Australian Government to spy on all internet users
- Is the latest Wikileaks release serving the military industrial complex?
- Leaky Vessels: Wikileaks "Revelations" Will Comfort Warmongers, Confirm Conventional Wisdom
- Alex Jones: Media puts spin on WikiLeaks
- 'WikiLeaks story soft, coverage a 9/11-like lie'
- Glimpses of Bin Laden: Now WikiLeaks reveals Al Qaeda boss was seen at village meetings - despite CIA claims that they were clueless
- Weekend of Pakistan drone attacks leaves 35 dead
- John Young and Wayne Madsen discuss wikileaks on the Alex Jones show
- Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is 'annoyed' by 9/11 truth