LISTEN LIVE OR CALL IN » CLICK HERE!
Vaccines: prophylaxis or anaphylaxis?
(n) prophylaxis (the prevention of disease)
If you're wondering about the definitions above, all is explained in tonight's show, which features an extended interview with Bronwyn Hancock, director of the Vaccination Information Service. Bronwyn has worked closely with Dr. Viera Scheibner, a leading researcher in the anti-vaccination field who has been writing and giving lectures on the subject matter of vaccines and vaccinations since her retirement from the Department of Mineral Resources, New South Wales, Australia in 1987.
From the Vaccination Information Service website:
Vaccination Information Service will inform you primarily about the key fundamentals, indeed critical flaws, of vaccination (or "immunisation") that apply to every type of vaccine.
In summary... “Immunizations” do not immunize! They do the exact opposite
The term “immunization” (US, Canada) or "immunisation" (UK, Australia, NZ), often substituted for the term "vaccination", is false and should not be used in place of "vaccination", because it is well documented in medical research that vaccination, the direct injection of foreign proteins and other toxic material (particularly known immune-sensitising poisons such as mercury and aluminium compounds, formaldehyde and phenol) sensitises, meaning makes the recipient more, not less, susceptible, i.e. more easily affected, by what he/she encounters in the future.
Please be aware that this is a highly politically charged topic, and you are likely to find biased and defamatory statements about anti-vaccine campaigners in prominent journals and websites. The wikipedia entry for Viera Scheibner is a prime example.
I hope you enjoy the discussion.
- Diplomat caught smoking in airplane toilet makes a bad joke and F-16s are scrambled: welcome to the NEW WORLD DISORDER
- NASA animation shows Arctic sea ice approaching normal levels
- Please visit the Facebook fanpage for Hereward Fenton - banned after sharing his views on the Port Arthur massacre
- The Lancet Retraction Changes Nothing
- Is early intervention in the major psychiatric disorders justified? A professional perspective from Anthony Pelosi
- WikiLeaks special project website depicting indiscriminate slaughter in Baghdad, including two Reuters news staff
GM foods: the awful truth
On tonight's show I have as my guest Bob Phelps, executive director of Gene Ethics, an Australian activist organisation working towards "a more equitable and more sustainable GM-free society".
Mission Statement (from www.geneethics.org):
Gene Ethics is a non-profit educational network of citizens and kindred groups. We want the precautionary principle, scientific evidence and the law rigorously applied to all proposed uses of genetic manipulation (GM) technologies and their products.
Gene Ethics generates and distributes accurate information and analysis on the ethical, environmental, social and economic impacts of GM. Our education programs critically assess GM for the public, policy-makers and interest groups.
- Film: The World According to Monsanto
- Could Monsanto Be Responsible for One Indian Farmer's Death Every Thirty Minutes?
- 'Superweed' explosion threatens Monsanto heartlands
- Seeds of Deception (website and book by Jeffrey M. Smith)
In Part 2 of the show I am joined by my regular co-host Josh Jackson. We take a look at the evolving swine flu story and then the controversy over vaccination, with a detailed critique of a recent TV special aired on channel 7.
Channel 7 - Vaccinate your Children (Part 1)
Channel 7 - Vaccinate your Children (Part 2)