LISTEN LIVE OR CALL IN » CLICK HERE!
A green tide sweeps Canberra
On 4th July 2011 the Greens will control nine seats in the Federal Senate, giving them the balance of power and ushering in a new era of enviro-politics.
Tonight Josh Jackson and I wade into the battle over carbon taxes and attempt to restore some sanity to the debate.
In particular we take a look at the influence of socialism on the Greens, with former communist Lee Rhiannon now in the Senate (hence the watermelon image above). Rhiannon was a member of the hard line Socialist Party of Australia which continued to support the Soviets after the brutal supression of the Prague uprising in 1968.
From The Australian:
Ms Rhiannon was also involved in a public spat over her communist past with author Mark Aarons after he published his account of his parents' prominent involvement in the pro-Moscow Communist Party of Australia. The CPA split from Moscow after Soviet tanks crushed the Prague Spring moves for "socialism with a human face" in Czechoslovakia in 1968, the same year a new spirit of liberty swept the Western world.
Aarons wrote that Ms Rhiannon and her parents left the CPA to join the Socialist Party of Australia, which continued to support the Soviets.
Ms Rhiannon claimed in a letter to The Sydney Morning Herald that she "joined the 1968 protest against the invasion of Czechoslovakia."
But in a letter of his own, Aarons attacked Ms Rhiannon's "astonishing" attempt "to deny the facts in the book about the views and activities of her parents".
"Rhiannon also joined the SPA, whose main rationale was to support the invasion and the Soviet Union generally," he wrote.
"Rhiannon's refusal to condemn the invasion (and the shooting of Polish workers) is recorded in the University of NSW student newspaper Tharunka (1972). Denial will not alter the facts."
In the second half we present the annals of Charlie Veitch - an "ex-truther" who had a spiritual revelation on the road to New York City (all expenses paid by the BBC) which made him realise that his conspiracy theories were wrong and stupid and why he should trust Big Government.
We take a look at the psyops aspects of Mr. Veitch's conversion to the official view of 9/11, and what the BBC is trying to achieve.
Hyde Park Rally: “The Science Doesn’t Justify a Carbon Tax”
Come to the rally and help us make history!
What: Hyde Park Rally – “The Science Doesn’t Justify a Carbon Tax”
When: Saturday, July 9, 2011 12:00 PM
Where: Hyde Park North
More info: http://www.meetup.com/wearechange-sydney/events/24210181/
Lord Monckton, Jo Nova and Dr. David Evans are the guest speakers at this epoch-making event.
- No Carbon Tax Coalition, supported by The Australian TEA Party and CATA
See you there!
The people say NO to the Carbon Tax!
Today I welcome to the show Luke Jenkins, organiser of the Sydney No Carbon Tax Rally, to be held in Hyde Park on Saturday 2nd April 2011.
Luke explains why he became an activist in the campaign, and we cover some of the key questions and controversies within the topic of anthropogenic climate change and the proposed "solutions".
The protest will commence at Hyde Park North, near the fountain, at 10:30am.
Also in today's show I bring you some local news and anaylisis of international events, with a special focus on Syria.
- Revolt against carbon tax grows
- ALP deserters 'spooked' by carbon tax
- Assad plots his next move in live-or-die game for Syria
- Tens of thousands are demonstrating in cities across Syria in support of President Bashar al-Assad
- Australia To Get Stick Figure Airport Body Scanners This Year
Leon Ashby on the Carbon Tax
Leon Ashby, President of the Australian Climate Sceptics, is playing a pivotal role in the furious debate over the planned introduction of a Carbon Tax by the Gillard Labor government, scheduled to go into effect on 1st July 2012.
Carbon Tax protests have been scheduled across the nation on 23rd March and 2nd April.
Leon returns to TNRA this week to break down the key issues in the political wrangling which is currently taking place in Canberra.
As recent polls have shown, there is now an overwhelming disagreement with the alleged scientific "consensus" that man made climate change is both real and dangerous, despite the claims by the Gillard government that people voted for climate action.
While public opinion has been shifting towards scepticism, big business has championed a new tax, with mainstream media playing a key role in portraying the tax as inevitable and even necessary to keep prices down.
The final slap in the face to ordinary Australians is the proposed inclusion of fuel in the tax - aptly described by the Farmer's Federation as "elitist and immoral".
Key policy points from the Climate Sceptics website:
- All policy and legislation should emerge from a balanced and objective assessment of available information.
- The rights of every Australian must be protected.
- Climate science is far from “settled”, as evidenced by the revelations of recent months and years.
- The alarmist theories propounded by the IPCC and other political bodies are crippled by huge uncertainties.
- An objective and quantitative risk–benefit analysis of any proposed “climate” legislation is crucial.
In the second half of the show I'm joined by engineer John Bursill, to discuss the question of credibility within the 9/11 truth movement. John, as a member of the professional group "Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth" has long stressed the importance of maintaining a careful and cautious approach when it comes to alternative theories and research into 9/11.
During our talk we address some theories which have been particularly divisive within the 9/11 truth movement, with the aim of explaining the difference between empirical, peer reviewed science and pure speculation.
Hope you enjoy the show!
- Stop Gillard's Carbon Tax
- No Carbon Tax
- The Climate Sceptics
- The Joanne Nova Blog
- AGMates Herald
- China will install, over ten years, coal-fired power equal to 10 times our entire power generation sector
- Al Jazeera interview with Gaddafi's son Saif al-Islam
- Vaccines may have increased swine flu risk
- Rethink flu vaccine policy, says health expert
- Australian Government Planning To Regulate Thousands Of Common, Exotic and Native Plants
The virtue of selfishness
In tonight's show we try to encourage you to be more selfish.
Why? Because it's through selfishness that great things can be accomplished, such as the overthrow of tyranny, the vanquishing of superstition and cultish beliefs, and the improvement of the quality of life of the average person.
The libertarian philosophy starts with the premise that people are inherently good, and it follows that their selfish actions will in turn work for the betterment of humanity. This is in stark contrast to the cult of environmentalism, which is bent on suppressing our innate instincts in order to "save the planet".
Selfishness, we suggest, is the key to innovation, creativity, and prosperity. It is by following our selfish desires that we will be motivated to stand up against the war mongers and the oligarchs who want to keep us all enslaved.
Also in tonight's show we welcome engineer John Bursill, who brings us the latest news from the 9/11 truth movement.
As usual we cover a variety of breaking news stories. Please enjoy!
- Dr Robert Nelson: Environmentalism as Religion - From Freedomain Radio
- CIA hit squads coming to Sydney soon. SMH promotes terrorism hysteria on front page
- Conroy Youth Reminiscent of Hitler Youth
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation's 'Radio National' does Hit Piece on 9/11 Truth Advocates
- A brilliant, passionate article by Joanne Nova on the British Parliament's ClimateGate whitewash
- New "ecocide" law could be used to prosecute "climate deniers"
- Housing shortage faked to drive up prices