LISTEN LIVE OR CALL IN » CLICK HERE!
Dissent against water fluoridation sweeps through Queensland
In today's show we cover the astonishing story of how 9 Queensland councils (with more considering) have rejected water fluoridation. This avalanche of dissent was triggered by a decision by the State Premier Campbell Newman in 2012 to allow councils to decide individually whether to fluoridate their water.
During the show we bring you an original interview with the web master of Fluoride Australia - a website dedicated to countering the government disinformation on flouride and promoting sound science.
We also bring you a clip from an ABC 7:30 report "hit-piece" on the anti-fluoridation movement.
In the 2nd hour of the show I bring you a startling interview with Luke McKee, a man who claims, among other things, that Australian law discriminates against heterosexuality. Luke brings us a story of persecution by the NSW police and unjust laws that can be used to unreasonably detain and intimidate people.
Luke joins us by phone from Vietnam.
- To fluoride or not to fluoride: the water treatment question
- Cairns council votes to dump fluoride
- MP gnashes teeth over fluoride cuts
- Fraser Coast latest council to reject fluoridation
- Fluoride removal to cost Cairns 'a great deal more'
- Moreton Bay Regional Council to start talks over possible fluoride removal
9/11 conspiracy discussed on the floor of Parliament
Unionist's 9/11 comments stupid and wrong: Gillard | ABC News.
Julia Gillard has now gone on record in Federal Parliament saying that the substantive claims of the 9/11 truth movement are "stupid and wrong", and tonight we bring you full story behind these developments.
Previously Kevin Bracken, who is the Victorian secretary of the Maritime Union of Australia and president of the Victorian Trades Hall Council, called in to ABC talkback radio in Melbourne to say that "the official story doesn't stand up to scientific scrutiny".
The radio host John Faine reacted with dismay and went on to call Mr. Bracken a "nutter" and an "extremist". However it subsequently became clear that these views had been debated by the union and the Trades Hall Council and both bodies had passed motions on the issue. Nonetheless, the focus of media and political attention has been on Kevin Bracken at a personal level, which is clearly a smokescreen tactic to divert attention from the fact that there is a massive worldwide movement for a new inquiry into the 9/11 attacks.
BREAKING NEWS (21 Oct 2010): "Trades Hall president Kevin Bracken stands by his 9/11 conspiracy"
This morning Mr Bracken phoned into Faine's program again for a right of reply.
He said he wasn't phoning as the president of the Trades Hall council or as secretary of the Maritime Union of Australia.
Mr Bracken stood by his comments and said he had the support of 50 per cent of the community.
He also attacked Faine, claiming he was ridiculed on yesterday's program.
"Unfortunately cowards like yourself have set the political agenda in this country for too long," said Kevin Bracken.
"I won't be cowered down to bullies like yourself." - source
In tonight's show we bring you a swag of other Australian news on a variety of topics which I'm sure you will find interesting.
We finish with a trailer for a forthcoming documentary on the 1995 Oklahoma Bombing (see below) made by Chris Emery, who we hope to have on the show next week.
UPDATE (22 October 5:30pm):
A Herald sun poll is showing that over 65% of respondents agree with Union leader Kevin Bracken's view that the official explanation of 9/11 does not stand up to scientific scrutiny.
- Unionist's 9/11 comments stupid and wrong: Gillard | ABC News
- Trades Hall president Kevin Bracken calls 9/11 'conspiracy'
- Girl sold for sex wants to sue State Government
- Temperatures soar in federal/states stoush over influenza vaccination
- Be afraid, there's something lurking in the water
- PM rejects calls for Garrett's sacking over batts audit
- Experts admit swine flu jab 'may cause' deadly nerve disease
- WikiLeaks funding blocked - organisation placed on money laundering blacklists in US & Australia
- A new film will investigate the 1995 bombing in Oklahoma City - watch the trailer for "A Noble Lie"
What was unthinkable yesterday is now… entertainment
Samuel L. Jackson prepares for some finger chopping in Unthinkable.
Tonight's show is packed with important information and contains audio snippets from a variety of news stories which hit the TNRA desk this week.
The featured image is a snapshot from the "torture porn" movie "Unthinkable", which pitches the well worn cliché of a ticking time bomb and a suspect (white, muslim) who must be coerced into giving up information which will save millions of lives. When all the usual techniques fail (including chopping his fingers off) there is one last resort which does the trick... listen to the show if you want to find out the hideous truth.
In the second half, to help us unwind, Lawrence Mcdonell takes us on an excursion into the history of Carribean music.
I hope you enjoy the show!
- 9/11 Health Bill; John Stewart gives up
- Preparing for World War III, Targeting Iran | Michel Chossudovsky
- Coalition to dump internet filter
- Bill Gates, " Vaccinate to Depopulate": His Logic Explained
- "The New American Century" - a film by Massimo Mazzucco | review by John Bursill
- Australian Vaccination Network may have its charity licence revoked
- One of the world's top fluoride experts has issued a grim warning about fluoride's effects on health
The fluoride question
Tonight it is my pleasure to have Ged Johnson, creator and webmaster of Fluoride Australia, on the show.
Is fluoridation of the water supply a form of mass-medication? If so, what are the possible dangers and side effects, and is it subject standard regulatory controls? Above all, why has there never been a public debate, and does the government have the right to forcibly medicate the population?
These are some of the questions we address in this show.
Professional Perspectives on Water Fluoridation (documentary)
- Fluoride Australia website
- THE FLUORIDE DECEPTION: An Interview with Christopher Bryson
- Fluoride fiasco embarrasses Bligh govt
- Fluoride Action Network website
- Rees bans bottled water
More links for tonight's show: