LISTEN LIVE OR CALL IN » CLICK HERE!
Stop Smart Meters Australia
Today's show features an interview with a representative of Stop Smart Meters Australia, an organisation which is opposing the introduction of electricity smart meters which are currently being rolled out in homes throughout Victoria.
From the petition:
Victorian Citizens are being forced to have Smartmeters installed without consultation or choice, in total disregard for what they believe are their human rights:
- to protection from hazards to their health and safety;
- to choose what is installed in their homes;
- to protection of their economic interests;
- to protection of their privacy;
- to access to adequate information to enable the right to making informed choices according to individual wishes and needs.
There are many concerns regarding smart meters including;
- health issues, including radiation;
- additional cost on households,
- the additional costs of time of use tariffs would impose on households;
- the accuracy of smart meters and the inability of households to check energy consumption levels;
- that installers of smart meters may not be appropriately qualified;
- individuals making it known that they did not want a smart meter installed at their property, or wanted their meter removed being totally disregarded
- problems with wiring, the possibility of fires developing and the loss of appliances following installation and consumers rights for replacement of their assets and appliances
- insurance concerns
- privacy of data collected and concerns over hacking of the system to name the main concerns
Our show also contains more coverage of the ongoing controversy over the use of tasers by police.
- Hamas military chief assassinated in Gaza strike
- Police urged to make Taser training harder
- Police should face action over Roberto Laudisio Curti's death: coroner
- No action against police in QLD Taser-related death
- Israel strikes Gaza, calls up reservists, ready to ‘expand’ operation
- Angry owners blame smart meters as costly gadgets blow
- Fire investigators probe link between smart meters and house fires
Introducing the Australian Sovereignty Party
Tonight we welcome Daniel Huppert, founder and spokesman for the Australian Sovereignty Party (ASP). Our discussion ranges over a variety of topics, from issues of personal liberty to natural health and reforming the tax system.
From the ASP website:
ASP is a party founded, designed, and constituted by a community of individuals that have long fought for true freedom, liberty, justice, and have contended against subversive forces to restore the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Magna Carta to its rightful application and outworking in society. We are a party that will restore true sovereignty to this nation, and expose and defeat the perverse agenda being implemented by globalist forces of the New World Order.
ASP has clearly defined policies in a number of areas including the following:
- Climate Change
- Freedom/ Civil Liberties
- Health and Ageing
- Monetary Policy & Economy
- Truth/ Accountability
- NO TAX
- Defence/ Foreign Affairs
- Sovereignty/ Patriotism
I am sure you will find our discussion interesting and stimulating.
Also in the show tonight we cover the latest news from the Gaza aid ships, and the unexplained reports of spiral shaped lights in the skies across Australia.
If any listeners saw the spiral light (or if you know someone who saw it) please contact Hereward directly on 0415 059675.
Israel’s act of piracy is examined and condemned
The Gaza flotilla was manned by unarmed peace activists on a humanitarian mission
Our lead story tonight is the deadly assault by the Israeli military on a convoy of ships bringing humanitarian aid to the people of Gaza.
I have as my guest Michael Shaik, spokesperson for the advocacy group Australians For Palestine.
As we publish this podcast it has been reported that journalists Paul McGeough and Kate Geraghty have been deported from Israel to Turkey:
Sydney Morning Herald editor Peter Fray said earlier today that McGeough told him Geraghty was “recovering from the injuries she received when hit by what she believes was a stun gun as Israeli forces boarded the boat she was on”.
The Herald was still deeply concerned at the circumstances surrounding the detention of Mr McGeough and Ms Geraghty and their deportation, he said.
“Paul and Kate have agreed to be deported only because they have had legal advice that they will be able to appeal their deportation even after they have left Israel,” Fray said.
“The fact remains that they were denied free passage in Israel to carry out their reporting assignment despite the Israeli authorities knowing full well that they are accredited journalists.”
In the interview with Michael Shaik we look at the potential consequences of this act of blatant aggression in international waters, and the ongoing humanitarian disaster in Gaza.
We urge listeners to donate to the cause via the Free Gaza Movement or Australians for Palestine.
Thanks for your support!
- Gaza flotilla attack: Freed journalists tell of ordeal
- Aussie photographer Kate Geraghty Tasered during flotilla raid
- Gaza Flotilla Carried 40 Al-Qaeda Members, Says Israel
- Amy Goodman interviews Adam Shapiro, a member of the Free Gaza Movement
- Israel fends off inquiry pressure
- Videos released by the IDF here and here purport to show activists attacking Israeli soldiers
- Rebel scientists force Royal Society to accept climate change scepticism
- Sony Music is systematically purging Youtube of Bob Dylan videos
The wars on truth, freedom and sanity
Tonight TNRA covers three major topics in as much detail as humanly possible within the time constraints.
Internet Filter and Copyright Laws
- The Obama administration has questioned the Rudd government's plan to introduce an internet filter
- A chronology of Australian censorship controversies proves that the definition of "RC" is already very problematic
- Conroy's internet censorship agenda slammed by tech giants
- Leaked ACTA treaty gives border agents powers to search, seize and destroy your equipment for copyright infringement
- "Gag the Filter" protest information
Psychiatry Gone Mad / Big Pharma
- Australian of the Year Psychiatrist Wants Millions in Government Funding for Brave New World of “Pre-Drugging” Kids
- Children as young as one are being prescribed powerful anti-psychotic drugs
- Drug company Merck created a "hit list" of critics and even faked a medical journal to promote arthritis drug Vioxx
The Israel/Palestine conflict
- New documentary "The Children of Gaza" explores the impact of Israel's military assault and subsequent blockade of Gaza
- Democracy Now! interviews Prof. Norman Finkelstein
9/11 Truth At LA Peace March
Hope you enjoy the show - and thanks for listening!
The ethnic cleansing of Palestine exposed
Tonight TNRA welcomes Michael Shaik, spokesman for Australians for Palestine.
As detailed in their mission statement, Australians for Palestine is committed to dispelling the myths and disinformation about Palestine in Australia. "It seeks to communicate the Palestinian narrative from a historical perspective, as well as through the current political developments impacting on Palestinians wherever they are, the Middle East region, and the world at large."
Michael is an Australian who worked as a media coordinator in Gaza for the International Solidarity Movement. In 2003 he was jailed and deported for "unspecified security reasons".
During the interview we examine several facets of the problem of Israeli and Palestininan relations.
We look at the historical origins of the Jewish state, the failures of the recent United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict, the Mossad passport controversy and double standards exhibited by our media and government in relation to documented crimes against humanity perpetrated by the State of Israel, such as the use of white phosphorous shells during the 2009 incursion into Gaza.
A very important show - don't miss it!
- One Palestinian family's encounter with Israel's bulldozers in East Jerusalem
- Gaza film shows white phosphorus from alleged Israeli attack
- The 'explosive admission' in Israel's Gaza report
- Rachel Corrie's family bring civil suit over human shield's death in Gaza
- Mossad 'factory' churned out fake Australian passports
- Zionism in the Age of the Dictators by Lenni Brenner (full text)
- 51 Documents: Zionist Collaboration with the Nazis (CounterPunch article)
- A Review by William Hughes of Lenni Brenner's book, "51 Documents: Zionist Collaboration with the Nazis" by William Hughes