LISTEN LIVE OR CALL IN » CLICK HERE!
In which everyone becomes a (16 digit) number
In the classic TV sci-fi black comedy The Prisoner Patrick McGoohan (pictured above) is trapped in a fake village whose residents are identified by numbers. Mysteriously, everyone in the village pretends to be free, whereas in fact they are all prisoners with virtually no autonomy at all.
Does this remind you of anything?
Tonight we catch up on some of the latest milestones in the ongoing state run program to strip citizens of their rights, reduce their identities to numbers, track, trace and spy on their every movement.
As reported in the Australian on 15 Jan:
Last August, former human services minister Chris Ellison overturned a ban on the use of Medicare data for other purposes through a controversial legislative amendment.
The overturning of this fundamental protection of privacy has now opened the way for all Australians' medical histories to be data mined and tracked by the corporate bureaucracy better known as "government". This change has taken place with no public debate, and the new medicare smart cards are described as "compulsory".
We also take a look at the latest news in the climate debate, with the jaw-dropping admission to the BBC last week that Phil Jones, Director of the University of East Anglia Climate Research Unit, that "from1995 to the present there has been no statistically-significant global warming".
In the second half we are joined by Jack Frost, co-host of the Radio Skid Row breakfast show, to discuss various issues of the day.
- As of July, every Australian will be assigned a compulsory 16 digit number known as a healthcare identifier
- Ex-florist "cheats" via Google maps now has to do Community service
- Greece loses EU voting power in blow to sovereignty
- Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth Announce Sydney Press Conference
- Auschwitz survivor Dr. Hajo Meyer talks about differences between the Nazi's treatment of Jews and the Palestinians today
- "Temperature records cannot be relied on as indicators of global change" - Prof. John Christy, lead author 2001 IPCC report
- Prof. Phil Jones admits to BBC: "from1995 to the present there has been NO statistically-significant global warming"