LISTEN LIVE OR CALL IN » CLICK HERE!
Interview with Hanadi Assoud
A selection of mainstream news images demonstrating that many of the so-called missiles landing in Israel are lacking warheads.
Today my guest is Hannadi Assoud from "Hands off Syria", an Australian group which is staunchly opposed to any foreign intervention in Syria. Hannadi talks to us about the history of the conflict, its real causes and the ultimate agenda which drives those who are seeking to topple the Syrian government.
We also bring you some interesting research into the Gaza rocket attacks on Israel, which illustrates that the threat represented by these munitions is grossly exaggerated by the Israeli government.
- Syria Islamist fighters in Aleppo reject new opposition
- Gaza’s ‘Long-Range Rockets’ Just Regular Rockets Without Explosives
- Dissecting IDF Propaganda: The Numbers behind the rocket attacks
- Fajr-5 missile gives Palestinians rare if short-lived advantage
- Fajr 5: five times the range of home-made rockets
- Rockets stripped of explosives to fly further?
Stop Smart Meters Australia
Today's show features an interview with a representative of Stop Smart Meters Australia, an organisation which is opposing the introduction of electricity smart meters which are currently being rolled out in homes throughout Victoria.
From the petition:
Victorian Citizens are being forced to have Smartmeters installed without consultation or choice, in total disregard for what they believe are their human rights:
- to protection from hazards to their health and safety;
- to choose what is installed in their homes;
- to protection of their economic interests;
- to protection of their privacy;
- to access to adequate information to enable the right to making informed choices according to individual wishes and needs.
There are many concerns regarding smart meters including;
- health issues, including radiation;
- additional cost on households,
- the additional costs of time of use tariffs would impose on households;
- the accuracy of smart meters and the inability of households to check energy consumption levels;
- that installers of smart meters may not be appropriately qualified;
- individuals making it known that they did not want a smart meter installed at their property, or wanted their meter removed being totally disregarded
- problems with wiring, the possibility of fires developing and the loss of appliances following installation and consumers rights for replacement of their assets and appliances
- insurance concerns
- privacy of data collected and concerns over hacking of the system to name the main concerns
Our show also contains more coverage of the ongoing controversy over the use of tasers by police.
- Hamas military chief assassinated in Gaza strike
- Police urged to make Taser training harder
- Police should face action over Roberto Laudisio Curti's death: coroner
- No action against police in QLD Taser-related death
- Israel strikes Gaza, calls up reservists, ready to ‘expand’ operation
- Angry owners blame smart meters as costly gadgets blow
- Fire investigators probe link between smart meters and house fires
International news and analysis with George Georgios
Today's show covers a variety of both local and international news with our in-studio guest Georgios.
Some of the topics covered include developments in the Assange stand-off in London, and a final ruling in the protracted civil lawsuit over the death in Gaza of activist Rachel Corrie.
Our scheduled interview with Syrian Girl was unfortunately cancelled, however we hope to have her on the line during the next show.
Silencing The Critics
In 2010 the FBI invaded the homes of peace activists in several states and seized personal possessions in what the FBI--the lead orchestrator of fake “terrorist plots”--called an investigation of “activities concerning the material support of terrorism.”
Subpoenas were issued to compel antiwar protestors to testify before grand juries as prosecutors set about building their case that opposing Washington’s wars of aggression constitutes giving aid and comfort to terrorists. The purpose of the raids and grand jury subpoenas was to chill the anti-war movement into inaction.
Last week in one fell swoop the last two remaining critics of Washington/Tel Aviv imperialism were removed from the mainstream media. Judge Napolitano’s popular program, Freedom Watch, was cancelled by Fox TV, and Pat Buchanan was fired by MSNBC. Both pundits had wide followings and were appreciated for speaking frankly.
Many suspect that the Israel Lobby used its clout with TV advertisers to silence critics of the Israeli government’s efforts to lead Washington to war with Iran. Regardless, the point before us is that the voice of the mainstream media is now uniform. Americans hear one voice, one message, and the message is propaganda. Dissent is tolerated only on such issues as to whether employer-paid health benefits should pay for contraceptive devices. Constitutional rights have been replaced with rights to free condoms.
The western media demonizes those at whom Washington points a finger. The lies pour forth to justify Washington’s naked aggression: the Taliban are conflated with al Qaeda, Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction, Gaddafi is a terrorist and, even worse, fortified his troops with Viagra in order to commit mass rape against Libyan women.
President Obama and members of Congress along with Tel Aviv continue to assert that Iran is making a nuclear weapon despite public contradiction by the US Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and the CIA’s National Intelligence Estimate. According to news reports, Pentagon chief Leon Panetta told members of the House of Representatives on February 16 that “Tehran has not made a decision to proceed with developing a nuclear weapon.” http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_19978801?source=rss However, in Washington facts don’t count. Only the material interests of powerful interest groups matter.
At the moment the American Ministry of Truth is splitting its time between lying about Iran and lying about Syria. Recently, there were some explosions in far away Thailand, and the explosions were blamed on Iran. Last October the FBI announced that the bureau had uncovered an Iranian plot to pay a used car salesman to hire a Mexican drug gang to kill the Saudi Ambassador to the US. The White House idiot professed to believe the unbelievable plot and declared that he had “strong evidence,” but no evidence was ever released. The purpose for announcing the non-existent plot was to justify Obama’s sanctions, which amount to an embargo--an act of war--against Iran for developing nuclear energy.
As a signatory to the non-proliferation treaty, Iran has the right to develop nuclear energy. IAEA inspectors are permanently in Iran and report no diversion of nuclear material to a weapons program.
In other words, according to the reports of the International Atomic Energy Agency, the US National Intelligence Estimate, and the current Secretary of Defense, there is no evidence that Iran has nukes or is making nukes. Yet, Obama has placed illegal sanctions on Iran and continues to threaten Iran with military attack on the basis of an accusation that is contradicted by all known evidence.
Interview with singer/songwriter Imani Hekima
Imani Hekima joins in the second half for a discussion of his song-writing, and in particular his recently released single "Shame", which addresses the issue of "honour killings".
From Imani's press release:
"Born and raised in the north of England, Hekima has developed a special penchant for alternative and socially aware songwriting. Over the past two years, the video for his track ‘The Robots Rebellion’ has been featured on the official websites of David Icke and the Conscious Media Network respectively."
"Shame, which he wrote in 2008, has had an interesting journey. Originally telling the story of a woman whose life spirals into self destruction, its lyrical content (and title especially) also carries an uncanny double meaning, spookily relevant to honour crimes. So when he was approached earlier in 2010 to lend music to a video made by an anti-honour killings Facebook group, Shame was the most obvious choice."
Our discussion gets into the subject of the importance of songwriting on society in general and our collective need for artists and poets to come forth and express painful truths which are often deliberately hidden by our would-be masters.
As always we cover the breaking news from our twitter stream and give our best shot at analysis of current events.
- Bradford singer hopes his music can help raise profile of issue
- Jews say enough is enough! Ad campaign from "Independent Australian Jewish Voices" condemns Israel's racist policies
- Study links vitamin D deficiency to breast cancer
- The taser gun has become an outlet for sick fantasies of domination and sadism
- Police taser man 13 times | video
- Two police officers escaped prosecution despite tasering a man 13 times in a Perth watch-house
Introducing the Australian Sovereignty Party
Tonight we welcome Daniel Huppert, founder and spokesman for the Australian Sovereignty Party (ASP). Our discussion ranges over a variety of topics, from issues of personal liberty to natural health and reforming the tax system.
From the ASP website:
ASP is a party founded, designed, and constituted by a community of individuals that have long fought for true freedom, liberty, justice, and have contended against subversive forces to restore the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Magna Carta to its rightful application and outworking in society. We are a party that will restore true sovereignty to this nation, and expose and defeat the perverse agenda being implemented by globalist forces of the New World Order.
ASP has clearly defined policies in a number of areas including the following:
- Climate Change
- Freedom/ Civil Liberties
- Health and Ageing
- Monetary Policy & Economy
- Truth/ Accountability
- NO TAX
- Defence/ Foreign Affairs
- Sovereignty/ Patriotism
I am sure you will find our discussion interesting and stimulating.
Also in the show tonight we cover the latest news from the Gaza aid ships, and the unexplained reports of spiral shaped lights in the skies across Australia.
If any listeners saw the spiral light (or if you know someone who saw it) please contact Hereward directly on 0415 059675.
Israel’s act of piracy is examined and condemned
The Gaza flotilla was manned by unarmed peace activists on a humanitarian mission
Our lead story tonight is the deadly assault by the Israeli military on a convoy of ships bringing humanitarian aid to the people of Gaza.
I have as my guest Michael Shaik, spokesperson for the advocacy group Australians For Palestine.
As we publish this podcast it has been reported that journalists Paul McGeough and Kate Geraghty have been deported from Israel to Turkey:
Sydney Morning Herald editor Peter Fray said earlier today that McGeough told him Geraghty was “recovering from the injuries she received when hit by what she believes was a stun gun as Israeli forces boarded the boat she was on”.
The Herald was still deeply concerned at the circumstances surrounding the detention of Mr McGeough and Ms Geraghty and their deportation, he said.
“Paul and Kate have agreed to be deported only because they have had legal advice that they will be able to appeal their deportation even after they have left Israel,” Fray said.
“The fact remains that they were denied free passage in Israel to carry out their reporting assignment despite the Israeli authorities knowing full well that they are accredited journalists.”
In the interview with Michael Shaik we look at the potential consequences of this act of blatant aggression in international waters, and the ongoing humanitarian disaster in Gaza.
We urge listeners to donate to the cause via the Free Gaza Movement or Australians for Palestine.
Thanks for your support!
- Gaza flotilla attack: Freed journalists tell of ordeal
- Aussie photographer Kate Geraghty Tasered during flotilla raid
- Gaza Flotilla Carried 40 Al-Qaeda Members, Says Israel
- Amy Goodman interviews Adam Shapiro, a member of the Free Gaza Movement
- Israel fends off inquiry pressure
- Videos released by the IDF here and here purport to show activists attacking Israeli soldiers
- Rebel scientists force Royal Society to accept climate change scepticism
- Sony Music is systematically purging Youtube of Bob Dylan videos
The wars on truth, freedom and sanity
Tonight TNRA covers three major topics in as much detail as humanly possible within the time constraints.
Internet Filter and Copyright Laws
- The Obama administration has questioned the Rudd government's plan to introduce an internet filter
- A chronology of Australian censorship controversies proves that the definition of "RC" is already very problematic
- Conroy's internet censorship agenda slammed by tech giants
- Leaked ACTA treaty gives border agents powers to search, seize and destroy your equipment for copyright infringement
- "Gag the Filter" protest information
Psychiatry Gone Mad / Big Pharma
- Australian of the Year Psychiatrist Wants Millions in Government Funding for Brave New World of “Pre-Drugging” Kids
- Children as young as one are being prescribed powerful anti-psychotic drugs
- Drug company Merck created a "hit list" of critics and even faked a medical journal to promote arthritis drug Vioxx
The Israel/Palestine conflict
- New documentary "The Children of Gaza" explores the impact of Israel's military assault and subsequent blockade of Gaza
- Democracy Now! interviews Prof. Norman Finkelstein
9/11 Truth At LA Peace March
Hope you enjoy the show - and thanks for listening!
And we gazed upon the chimes of freedom flashin’
One of the key topics in tonight's show is the national movement against the Government’s impractical, costly and tyrannical policy of censorship of the internet, with various organisations holding events around the country on 6 March.
Please visit the We Are Change meetup page for information about the Sydney event.
- Israel passports probe 'a waste of money'
- Pirate Party attacks Lundy's filter option
- Australian laws to tackle racism on the internet are set to be beefed up
- Australian Government Bans Rense.com - website is now classified as racism and hate speech
- Bloggers beware: Bad ads can come back to bite you
- Head-in-the-sand warmist propaganda from the Guardian sweeps climate science fraud under the rug
- Memo from Institute of Physics to Science & Technology Committee criticises manipulation & suppression of climate data
- Watch video coverage of UK Parliament's climate emails enquiry
- Minister in charge of the Government's internet filter censors references to the filter on his own website
- Foil insulation checks useless, say experts - "Fifty, 60 years into the future, this will kill people."
The ethnic cleansing of Palestine exposed
Tonight TNRA welcomes Michael Shaik, spokesman for Australians for Palestine.
As detailed in their mission statement, Australians for Palestine is committed to dispelling the myths and disinformation about Palestine in Australia. "It seeks to communicate the Palestinian narrative from a historical perspective, as well as through the current political developments impacting on Palestinians wherever they are, the Middle East region, and the world at large."
Michael is an Australian who worked as a media coordinator in Gaza for the International Solidarity Movement. In 2003 he was jailed and deported for "unspecified security reasons".
During the interview we examine several facets of the problem of Israeli and Palestininan relations.
We look at the historical origins of the Jewish state, the failures of the recent United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict, the Mossad passport controversy and double standards exhibited by our media and government in relation to documented crimes against humanity perpetrated by the State of Israel, such as the use of white phosphorous shells during the 2009 incursion into Gaza.
A very important show - don't miss it!
- One Palestinian family's encounter with Israel's bulldozers in East Jerusalem
- Gaza film shows white phosphorus from alleged Israeli attack
- The 'explosive admission' in Israel's Gaza report
- Rachel Corrie's family bring civil suit over human shield's death in Gaza
- Mossad 'factory' churned out fake Australian passports
- Zionism in the Age of the Dictators by Lenni Brenner (full text)
- 51 Documents: Zionist Collaboration with the Nazis (CounterPunch article)
- A Review by William Hughes of Lenni Brenner's book, "51 Documents: Zionist Collaboration with the Nazis" by William Hughes