Radiographer Anthony Hall slams EU safety report on airport body scanners
In the 2nd hour of today's show, Anthony Hall returns to critique the newly released report from the European Commission on the health effects of of x-ray body scanners.
Anthony Hall is a Senior Reporting Radiographer, and holds a Bsc (hons) in Diagnostic Radiography. He is responsible both for the imaging of patients and producing medical reports. He further holds the position of radiation protection supervisor at the hospital where he works. Mr. Hall is therefore well qualified to give an opinion on the quality of the EC report and on the safety of x-ray scanners generally.
The EU assessment of body scanner health effects was based on computer simulations such as the above.
During our discussion we look at the new report in the context of previous reports and the concerns which have been rasied by experts in the past. It becomes clear that this report merey repeats the flawed methodology which has been severely criticised by Professor J.W. Sedat in a 2011 letter to Barrack Obama's Science Advisor John Holdren.
In the first hour I am joined by George Georgios to discuss the European fincancial crisis, with an emphasis on Greece. Mr. Georgios is Greek by birth and has a deep understanding of the Greek people and their culture.
I do hope you enjoy this week's podcast!
- The Bank Runs In Greece Will Soon Be Followed By Bank Runs In Other European Nations
- EC Report: Health effects of security scanners for passenger screening (based on X-ray technology)
- Scientists Cast Doubt on TSA Tests of Full-Body Scanners
- April 2011 Letter to John Holdren - Prof. J.W. Sedat et al
- A British radiographer speaks out against airport x-ray scanners
- 'There's no such thing as a safe x-ray': Hospital radiographer blasts 'naked' body scanners at Manchester Airport